Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A windy day yesterday...

As I sit in office, I somehow remember the famous Beatles song - "You've got to hide your love away".. and guess what! - the song was written as a reference to the Beatles manager who was homosexual.. eeps.. and I thought the song had a totally different connotation to it.. :-)

Anyway, I was out to describe my windy day experience of yesterday. Gosh! The wind was blowing at no less than 30 nautical miles per hour.. (sry for the exaggeration). I actually was unable to walk straight through out. Top it all, there were trees falling on the roads and tin roof-tops toppling next to where I was standing. The experience was mind boggling if not interesting.
Now, not only did the winds help in bringing some kind of relief from the heat but they also helped in getting a lot of dust particles all around. I literally had an outer layer of dust over me.

All in all.. a day I shall remember forever.. :-)

2 comments:

Bhavya said...

he he... that sort of thing is pretty normal in some parts here. my mamaji was telling us about the wind blowing off their glass table top n such things. fallen trees r pretty common where they live

piyush said...

The choice of the song was quite awesome... Any particular clue the lesser mortals like us might have as to why the reference?