Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jennifer and Olive...

I re-read this book for the umpteenth time and I still cried. Damn!! I love the character of the guy. For those who loved and cried with Love Story and haven't yet read its sequel, my advise would be - go ahead and do so asap. It's called Oliver's Story and it depicts how Oliver copes after Jen. There may not be many like Oliver (and I seriously hope there aren't) but still I definitly would respect another him with all my heart. :-)

PS. Read either of the books only if u have the capability to moisten your eyes while reading. Those of you who can't do so, the book may seem a bore.

1 comment:

abhgupta said...

I actually landed up here to comment on that amazing link you left on akash's blog (Apostrophe Abuse), but seeing that I need to comment on this post as well (after all I am commenting on this post, if you catch my drift.. Is this getting too jumbled up.. aaargh.. never mind..), I decided to pen down a few lines...

I take up my pen, and I begin to think,
of Oliver and Jen, and of color pink,
Both good reasons for humanity to cry,
but for some reason my eyes are still dry

And still, might I add, I didn't find the book boring,
and the proof is the fact that I didn't end up snoring,
And now that I have commented, allow me to end,
this dreadful misery that you have had to fend...